Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician - Float Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Salem, OR, US
As a Pharmacy Technician I – Sterile Compounding you will be working with cutting edge technology compounding specialized and complex therapies within the clean room environment. The Pharmacy Technician is essential to ensuring patients receive their medications in a timely manner. The Pharmacy Technician position is responsible for utilizing their clinical and IV/TPN knowledge alongside the pharmacist to provide specialty infusion services that will be delivered/ administered to patients in their homes.
As part of the Coram Sterile Compounding team you will utilize your clinical knowledge and provide our patients with the smooth service and delivery of their medication to their homes. Make a difference by bringing your personal touch and clinical experiences that will support our patient’s one on one care.
You will be required to travel more than 50% of the time. CVS Health will cover your costs and help with all licenses that will be required.
Additional responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician I - Sterile Compounding include:
- Preparation and compounding of sterile products
- Maintaining the pharmacy clean room suite to 797 requirements
- Documentation of IV admixture and clean room suite sterility testing
- Complete order entry and refills under the supervision of the pharmacist
- Inventory management and storage, complete appropriate documentation, such as labels, log sheets and reports
- Participate in on call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs
- Have excellent written and verbal customer service skills and advanced computer skills in order to interact with key partners and patients
- Additional licensure may be required in multi-state service areas
Learn more about us: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoramHealthcare
Recruiter will enter
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification within first year of employment
- Minimum of 5 years of Pharmacy Technician Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of Sterile Compounding
- Must be licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in the state in which you reside
- Ability to travel extensively. Licensed in Washington State and California with ability to obtain additional licenses.
- 2 or more years of IV compounding experience
High School or GED
Who We Are
We’re a values-based organization focused on helping people on their path to better health. Here, you’ll work alongside former members of the military and current reservists and members of the National Guard. Bring your unique skills to our industry, and we look forward to helping you grow your career.
We offer opportunities at all levels for U.S. Veterans and will enforce the Uniformed Service Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA).
Also, if you’re a Reservist member of the National Guard, be assured that you’ll have a job at CVS Health when you return from deployment. And, even though your civilian job may differ from your military job, we have many opportunities that may be right for you.
We recognize the value of military spouses bring to our company and continue to look for ways to help you find employment.
Explore our career areas and learn more about continuing your mission to help others.