Pharmacy Technician - Target Store Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
665 Sleater Kinney Rd Se
Lacey, WA 98503, US
Pharmacy Technician - Retail Store
Do you want to make a difference in someone’s life?
Are you ready to have a career with purpose?
At CVS Health, our Pharmacy Technicians are at the forefront of our purpose of helping people on their path to better health. As a Pharmacy Technician in one of our retail stores, you’ll use your knowledge and skills to help thousands of people in your community get the medications they need to live healthier lives.
As the first point of contact for our patients and their caregivers, you’ll have the opportunity to shape their customer experience and make each interaction outstanding. You’ll be empowered to do this through a suite of tools and resources that help you and your team maintain operational excellence and provide custom services that save your patients time and money. As a member of the team, you'll accomplish your goals and contribute to something bigger –impacting patient lives.
Whether you’re new to pharmacy or an expert technician, we offer full- and part-time positions for all skill levels. We also provide education and training so that you can grow professionally and personally while staying up to date on new products and services, and innovative ways to care for your patients. New technicians are required to complete our extensive training program for Pharmacy Technicians and satisfy all registration, licensing and certification requirements according to your state’s Board of Pharmacy guidelines.
The pharmacy is a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, where each interaction has intention and the team works together for a shared purpose. If this excites you, please join our team of dedicated Pharmacy Technicians who demonstrate our core values of Accountability, Caring, Collaboration, Innovation and Integrity in everything they do, every day. We are ready to help you achieve your career goals!
Please note in select markets the collective bargaining agreement rules regarding the Pharmacy Technician would apply.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Routine Job Functions
- Lives our purpose of helping people on their path to better health by engaging customers to learn about their health and medications.
- Creates genuine human connections by focusing on service, and keeping patients and caregivers top of mind at all times.
- Demonstrates compassion and care by proactively identifying and resolving potential problems.
- Communicates among a number of individuals, including patients, co-workers, insurance companies, and prescribers
- Works on a team to fulfill prescription orders from start to finish with an in-depth understanding of each workstation
- Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles.
- Complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient safety, and protect patient privacy and security.
- Actively seeks opportunities to expand clinical, technical and insurance knowledge.
- Balances quality and efficiency in all tasks, contributing to both patient outcomes and broader team goals.
- As allowable in applicable states, certified and trained Pharmacy Technicians can expand on their clinical and managerial responsibilities, including administering vaccinations.
- Standing / walking for an extended period of time.
- Near vision; ability to see details at close range to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
- Wrist / finger speed; ability to make fast, simple, repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to push and pull objects, including drawers and other items of similar weight, as well as reaching overhead.
- Ability to handle and work with small instruments and objects.
- Bending/squatting/leaning to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Is able to load and unload trays/cases/totes (30 pound maximum to a height of 4 feet).
- Auditory attention; ability to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of other distracting sounds.
- Effective verbal communication; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, especially when detailed or important instructions must be conveyed accurately.
- Ability to move quickly from one task to another according to the needs of the pharmacy.
- The ability to concentrate on a task for significant periods of time.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Licensure requirements vary by state. Learn more by visiting your state’s Board of Pharmacy website or asking the hiring manager.
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting.
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- National Certification from an accredited pharmacy technician certification program approved by specific state regulations (e.g. PTCB, ExCPT, etc.).
- High School diploma or equivalent (preferred).
Who We Are
We’re a values-based organization focused on helping people on their path to better health. Here, you’ll work alongside former members of the military and current reservists and members of the National Guard. Bring your unique skills to our industry, and we look forward to helping you grow your career.
We offer opportunities at all levels for U.S. Veterans and will enforce the Uniformed Service Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA).
Also, if you’re a Reservist member of the National Guard, be assured that you’ll have a job at CVS Health when you return from deployment. And, even though your civilian job may differ from your military job, we have many opportunities that may be right for you.
We recognize the value of military spouses bring to our company and continue to look for ways to help you find employment.
Explore our career areas and learn more about continuing your mission to help others.