Nurse Practitioner - Honolulu, HI island float Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
377 Keahole St
Honolulu, HI 96825, US
Working autonomously, MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioners (NP) conduct physical assessments, perform and interpret diagnostic tests, diagnose and treat common conditions, provide screenings, interventions, counseling, and prescribe medications as needed to patients in specified age categories. Provide accurate assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of common family illnesses for patients over 18 months.
* Help patients manage their well-being with vaccinations and patient education
* Ensure patient information, visit history, refer outs, lab follow-up, phone calls, and consults are carefully and completely documented in the EMR
* Identify opportunities within local communities for development of outreach activities
* Daily use of computer, software programs (EMR), printer, scanner, and credit/debit card equipment
* Develop a close working relationship with store manager and pharmacist at the clinic location
* Perform non-clinical tasks as required (e.g. reporting, vaccination temperature management, maintain clinic appearance)
* Complete financial responsibilities pertaining to customer payments
* Willing to travel to other local MinuteClinic locations when necessary
BENEFITS: Aside from a variety of schedule options, MinuteClinic offers competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefits plan, including a 401k match, CME reimbursement, tuition reimbursement for further education and incentive programs.
TRAINING: We are officially accredited by the ANCC as a nursing continuing education provider! At MinuteClinic, you will have the tools, training and resources needed to provide expert health care to those in need and educate your patients to live healthier lives.
GROWTH: By managing your own clinic you will develop business administrative skills which can lead to various internal growth options, such as our managers, who are consistently hired from within!
SUPPORT: MinuteClinic offers its practitioners an environment of supportive autonomy. Our clinic leaders and collaborating physicians are always available for consultation, mentorship and support.
* Passion for the MinuteClinic concept and vision
* Current National Board Certification
* State of Employment license to practice as Advanced Practice Nurse
* Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
* Outstanding organization skills and ability to multi-task
* Initiative, creativity, problem-solving ability, adaptability, and flexibility
* Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
* Ability to collaborate with professional colleagues as necessary to provide quality care
* Ability to consistently present a friendly, welcoming, and professional public-facing appearance
* If less than 1 year of work experience, prior student precepting rotation with MinuteClinic is preferred but not required
* Master’s Degree level Family Nurse Practitioner program
Who We Are
We’re a values-based organization focused on helping people on their path to better health. Here, you’ll work alongside former members of the military and current reservists and members of the National Guard. Bring your unique skills to our industry, and we look forward to helping you grow your career.
We offer opportunities at all levels for U.S. Veterans and will enforce the Uniformed Service Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA).
Also, if you’re a Reservist member of the National Guard, be assured that you’ll have a job at CVS Health when you return from deployment. And, even though your civilian job may differ from your military job, we have many opportunities that may be right for you.
We recognize the value of military spouses bring to our company and continue to look for ways to help you find employment.
Explore our career areas and learn more about continuing your mission to help others.