District LeaderFld Mgmt Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Honolulu, HI, US
Retail Field Management
Portfolio Growth – 20%
• Provides market specific input and knowledge towards the development of the acquisition and real estate strategy
• Implements real estate strategy and provides acquisition support
• Responsible for identifying file by and acquisition leads, cultivating relationships with competitors, and ensuring retention of file buy assets
• Responsible for District execution and delivery of key programs and services taking into account unique district attributes
• Responsible for implementation of new programs in both front store and pharmacy
• Communicates to ensure readiness to execute programs
Operations – 50%
• Accountable for District P&L
• Develops District business plans and strategy to achieve financial goals through operational performance. This includes developing and executing plans to deliver on District sales and script goals as well as monitoring in stock in both front store and pharmacy
• Proactively looks ahead by knowing competitive landscape and business trends in district and planning to capitalize on potential opportunities and threats. Finds alternative solutions when needed and adjusts plans accordingly
• Executes against planned District budget; Manages district expense control, shrink, and asset management
Managing Existing Programs/Service
• Aligns front store and pharmacy teams on new and existing programs and services and execution expectations within the District
• Responsible for aligning team to deliver on healthcare outcomes and initiatives
• Communicates District plans and problem solves on store related issues
• Accountable for creating/leading District culture that ensures differentiated customer experience.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to pharmacy
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all community responsibility activities
Talent – 30%
• Develops and executes district talent plan to align region and division priorities
• Responsible for creating a culture in the District that promotes colleague growth and engagement.
• Responsible for the high quality and consistent execution of all colleague training and development programs
• Accountable for District succession plans and development
• Responsible for creating a pipeline of talent, hiring and developing Store and Pharmacy Managers, Staff Pharmacists and interns
• Ensures store staffing plans considered at district level
• Responsible for developing and mentoring future District Leadership talent
• Accountable for ensuring the District has the right talent focused on delivering appropriate outcomes
• Applies Growth Mindset – actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged for the better of the enterprise
• Demonstrates Deep Understanding of the Business and Market – applies knowledge of our business to best serve our customers and clients
• Thinks and Acts Strategically – keeps focused on long-term, strategic goals while executing against short-term objectives. Identifies potential risks and subsequent mitigation strategies
• Ensures Outcomes – collaborates with others to consistently deliver results that make a difference
• Engages and Inspires – instills a sense of energy and excitement and fosters pride in our purpose
• Builds High-Performing Teams and Develops Talent
• Completion of our LEARNRx program within 120 days of hire
• 3+ years experience as a multi-unit manager or 5 years as a GM in a big box retailer
• Prior Retail experience preferred
• Prior Pharmacy experience preferred
• Management and supervisory experience of pharmacy staff across multiple business units preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or 8 years relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
• Pharm Tech License preferred
• BS or PharmD in Pharmacy preferred
Who We Are
We’re a values-based organization focused on helping people on their path to better health. Here, you’ll work alongside former members of the military and current reservists and members of the National Guard. Bring your unique skills to our industry, and we look forward to helping you grow your career.
We offer opportunities at all levels for U.S. Veterans and will enforce the Uniformed Service Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA).
Also, if you’re a Reservist member of the National Guard, be assured that you’ll have a job at CVS Health when you return from deployment. And, even though your civilian job may differ from your military job, we have many opportunities that may be right for you.
We recognize the value of military spouses bring to our company and continue to look for ways to help you find employment.
Explore our career areas and learn more about continuing your mission to help others.